Fair State Brewing Cooperative is seeking a full-time Brand Coordinator to join our Brand Experience Team in St. Paul, MN. We have grown significantly in the last year, and we are looking for an experienced team member to help drive the next phase of our growth.
Fair State is one of a limited number of cooperatively-owned breweries in the US. We began operations at our Northeast Minneapolis brewery/taproom in August 2014 and added a large production brewery in St. Paul, MN in 2017. We focus on traditional lager beer, sour beer (ranging from kettle sours to 100% barrel-fermented mixed culture beers), and hoppy beers. By the end of 2018, our products will be available in Minnesota and adjacent states, as well as a handful of markets on the Eastern Seaboard and the West Coast. As a member-owned cooperative, we take our seriously our ability to positively impact the communities in which we do business through our events programming, our approach to doing business, and Fair State Cooperates, our philanthropic and volunteer program.
We continue to operate the taproom and original brewery in Minneapolis, but we now perform most of our brewing and packaging for distribution in Saint Paul, which is also where our marketing and administrative staff are located. Our staff is mostly based in the greater Minneapolis-Saint Paul metro area and to date has largely focused on executing in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
We are looking for an experienced, hardworking communicator to build our brand by producing events, events and marketing efforts and contribute to our vision. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience planning events from start to finish, and managing relationships with stakeholders.
- Build and adhere to an event budget
- Coordinate with vendors, staff, volunteers, and stakeholders
- Create and distribute event listings for social media, external event calendars, and ticketing website
- Recruit and train staff for events, as needed
- Manage event set up, tear down, and staffing
- Plan event logistics; create floorplans, apply for applicable city permits
- Develop clear and rigorous work plans with accountability, timelines, and metrics
- Manage physical inventory of equipment, supplies, and product
- Track key event performance areas and identify successes and areas for improvement
- Conduct interviews with brewers, customers, employees, and business partners
- Conduct independent research on styles, trends, history, and technique in craft beer
- Use storyboarding, brainstorming, and facilitation techniques to uncover and clarify the stories behind what we do
- Write clear, accurate, error-free copy in the voice of the brand for a variety of formats and channels
- Create clear and effective graphics where appropriate (e.g., charts, process flows, tables) to inform and equip employees and business partners
- Create polished and error-free final deliverables, including blog posts, newsletters, emails, social media posts, web pages, posters, presentation decks, letters, and signs.
- Develop and execute email marketing campaigns. Evaluate and adapt campaigns based on email deliverability, open rates, and CTRs.
- Gather data to benchmark marketing performance, test new approaches, and capture impacts.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience planning large-scale events
- Experience with WordPress, Squarespace, and Mailchimp
- Strong skills in Adobe Creative Suite – especially Photoshop/Illustrator
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Audio, and/or video production and editing
- Knowledge of, and passion for, craft beer, cooperatives, and philanthropy
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills — you use data and metrics to back up assumptions, test hypotheses, and evaluate results
- Strong attention to detail, curiosity about what works and what could be, and willingness to continually learn
- Ability to manage complex projects and to communicate with stakeholders
- Commitment to following company policies and procedures
- Excellent judgment, outstanding professionalism, and exemplary communication and teamwork skills
- At least 21 years of age as of the time of application
- Able to sit and stand for prolonged periods
- Able to read, follow, and give oral and written English instructions
- Able to communicate succinctly, clearly, and persuasively in written and spoken English
- Able to occasionally lift/carry heavy objects (55 lbs.) safely above waist-level
- Able to work in a factory environment which may be loud, hot, humid, cold, or slick
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with high-pressure deadlines and time constraints
- Able to engage with diverse audiences to effectively develop partnerships and represent our brand
- Able to deal constructively with conflict and disagreement
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass insurance driving record review
This is a full-time hourly position. As a full-time employee, this role will also be eligible for the following benefits:
- Paid holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day)
- Paid Time Off, which can be used for any purpose and is accrued at a rate of 0.0769 hours of PTO per hour worked (4 weeks per year)
- Health insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents, with a portion of employee and dependent premiums paid by Fair State
- Dental and vision insurance, with 50% of employee and dependent premiums paid by Fair State
- Short- and Long-Term Disability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, and life insurance coverage, with 100% of premiums paid by Fair State
- Simple IRA with employer matching up to 3% (eligible in 2020)
- Flexible savings account for medical and dependent care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee beer stipend
- Discounted membership in our cooperative after 6 months of employment
- Merchandise and beer discounts
- Credit for clothing merchandise at hire
This is an hourly, non-exempt position. Base compensation will be $20 per hour.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line, “Brand Coordinator Application”. Applications will be accepted and interviews conducted on a rolling basis. We are looking for someone who would be able to start as soon as possible.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Fair State Brewing Cooperative strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.