Fair State Brewing Cooperative is seeking several individuals to join our Street Team, which introduces our beer to new consumers at liquor store tastings and festivals. We are growing quickly and are excited to add staff to help meet the demand for our beer.
A little about us: Fair State is one of very few cooperatively-owned breweries in the US. We began operations at our brewery/taproom in August of 2014. We were fortunate enough to be named one of RateBeer’s 10 best new brewers in the world for 2015 and recently expanded into a 40,000 sq. ft. production brewery in St. Paul, MN. We focus on traditional German-style beers (especially lager beer), sour beer (ranging from kettle sours to 100% barrel-fermented mixed culture beers), and hoppy beers. Our new production facility has enabled us to supply an expanded assortment of products to a larger number of off-premise accounts.
A little about you: we’re looking for friendly, knowledgeable, and responsible individuals to help us share our beer with new consumers. The ideal candidate would have some experience in the service roles, enjoy talking with and educating others, and be able to work independently.
The Street Team pours samples of our beer at liquor store tastings and festivals. Liquor store tastings are typically from either 4 pm – 7 pm or 4 pm – 6 pm on weeknights, often on Thursdays and Fridays, and occasionally on Saturdays. Festivals are typically on weekend afternoons. Street Team members will be notified of upcoming events and asked to respond with their availability on a rolling basis.
For each event, Street Team members will be responsible for:
- Picking up and returning supplies to our taproom or production brewery (e.g., tablecloths, tasting notes, ice tubs, beer)
- Setting up and breaking down a display table
- Pouring samples, engaging consumers in conversation, and educating them about our beers and our cooperative business model
Requirements / Qualifications
- General knowledge of beer styles
- Experience in customer service, sales, or teaching roles is a plus
- Willingness to work weekday afternoons and evenings, as well as weekend afternoons
- Ability to safely lift and move 30 lbs.
- Ability to follow training on safe and legal service of alcohol
Compensation and Benefits
This is a part-time hourly position with irregular hours. For each event, Street Team members will be paid for the full scheduled length of the event plus 30 minutes for setup and breakdown. Any time worked in excess of that amount will be paid at $10 / hr. Street Team members will also receive a beer allotment, typically (2) 4-packs, for each event worked.
To apply, please send a short email to email@example.com answering three questions:
- What do you like about beer?
- What have you done before (your experience) that would make you a great Street Team member?
- What would you enjoy about working on the Street Team?
No phone calls, please.
Fair State Brewing Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. Employment offers are made on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation.