We’re Hiring a Taproom Shift Lead!
Fair State Brewing Cooperative is Minnesota’s first cooperatively-owned brewery. Named the 2015 best new brewery in Minnesota and a top ten new brewery in the world, Fair State is fast-growing and has quickly developed a reputation for high quality beer. Fair State is looking for a new member for our quality team of beer-loving taproom servers. We serve beer via counter service in the taproom, and the seating area will be regularly attended to in order to clear the tables of empty glasses.
Looking for a taproom shift lead for two regular bar shifts per week plus a role in one or two weekly daytime CROWLER packaging shifts at the taproom. The shift lead runs the taproom for his or her shift and is responsible for managing other taproom employees to ensure that they are executing their duties effectively. We are growing quickly so there is a definite chance for advancement and an expanded role in the near future. A flexible schedule to allow for shift coverage on other nights highly valued. Fair State servers and shift leads are guest-focused, flexible, and knowledgeable about every part of the taproom & brewery. Their role is to ensure every guest has a great experience by attending to their needs in a timely and helpful manner, from when they enter the door to when they exit the taproom.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A SHIFT LEAD:
– Takes on a leadership role with other servers and with any incidents that may occur during taproom hours
– Be capable of managing the opening and closing bank
– Maintains knowledge of Fair State’s beers
– Has the ability to lift, move, and tap new kegs in the cooler
– Pours and presents draft beer professionally according to company policy
– Cleans, sanitizes, & stocks glassware
– Cleans taproom, beer garden, & restrooms
– Checks all patrons IDs or handstamps for age verification
– Recognizes intoxication and will refuse service
– Engages with Fair State’s patrons to create the welcoming atmosphere Fair State is known for
– Is available to represent Fair State at special events as needed
– Promotes Fair State’s cooperative ownership model
– Prior service experience required
– Has a passion for and knowledge of craft beer including styles and ingredients
– Has or can obtain TIPS (or similar) certification within 30 days of employment
– Has or can obtain Cicerone Server certification within 60 days of employment
– Can stay up to date on a rotating cast of available styles
– Must be able to read and write English
– Must be able to clearly and cheerfully respond to guests
2506 Central Ave NE
Minneapolis, MN 55418
Position Type & Hours
PT/Flex available starting ASAP
Must be available to work Tuesday 3pm-12am, Saturday 5pm- 1am, and Thursday mornings.
A full time opportunity, including health insurance and paid vacation, may become available this summer.
We are open 7 days per week.
Compensation will be dependent upon the applicant’s prior experience, job duties, and additional abilities.
Send a resume to email@example.com
No phone calls.
Fair State Brewing Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. Employment offers are made on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Applications due May 5, 2017