Fair State Brewing Cooperative in Minneapolis, MN is seeking a knowledgeable, collaborative person to support the company’s marketing, event, & promotional efforts.
A little about us:
Fair State Brewing Cooperative is a cooperatively owned brewery in Northeast Minneapolis – where Member-Owners can “drink like you own the place.” We began operations at our brewery & Taproom in August 2014 and have quickly developed a reputation for excellent product and a strong, loyal following in Minnesota’s growing craft beer industry. We focus our brewing on traditional continental-style beers (especially lager beer), sour beer (ranging from kettle sours to 100% barrel-fermented mixed culture beers), and hoppy beers. We are building a hardworking core team to match the company’s strong growth and help lead Fair State in building a true community around quality beer.
A little about you:
The Marketing & Events Assistant will be responsible for executing marketing and programming initiatives within Fair State’s brand strategy and membership communications.
An ideal candidate possesses strong communications skills, has experience managing social media for a consumer-oriented brand, can plan and execute digital marketing promotions, assist in the organization of events, and work collaboratively with a tight-knit team in a friendly yet ambitious environment. The Assistant will need to intimately understand the nature of our cooperative and look for opportunities to engage more meaningfully with our Member-Owners through Taproom events. Craft beer is a unique market, and the ideal candidate should bring a working knowledge of its nature and idiosyncrasies.
This will be a fun role with a lot of opportunities for creativity. We’re looking for an energetic, passionate person who can learn quickly, think strategically, and stay true to our brand. This position reports to the Marketing Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and distribute consistent, precise, and targeted brand communications across owned mediums to support Taproom programming, events, and Membership initiatives.
- Work with Taproom & Membership leads to develop and implement strategies, promotions, and events.
- Cement Fair State’s role within the local and broader community by nurturing existing relationships and partnerships.
- Assist as needed in the production of all physical and digital branded media, including photography, videos, posters & other internal signage, web content, and merchandise.
- Support and assist in promotion and execution of events.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least one year of marketing, communications, or social media experience, ideally working with a consumer-facing, community-oriented brand.
- Have a desire to learn and implement new tools continually, produce thumb-stopping creative, and have a strong understanding of social media strategy.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills across all types of media, including fluency with all social media platforms and tactics of digital marketing.
- Have strong organizational skills and the ability to collaborate easily with all kinds of internal and external partners.
- Have a strong passion for craft beer and a thorough understanding of its culture.
Preferred: Additional creative capabilities, such as copywriting, photography, and design.
Duration & Compensation
4-month position, 10 hours per week, $15 per hour.
Timing: October 15 – February 15, or start date negotiable based on availability.
Applications are due by Wednesday, October 4, with interviews to be conducted with qualified candidates shortly after.
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with your resume.
No phone calls, please.
Fair State Brewing Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. Employment offers are made on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation.