Fair State Brewing Cooperative is seeking a full-time (30-40 hours a week) cellarperson to join our brewing staff in St. Paul, MN. We are growing quickly and need to add staff to help meet demand.
A little about us: Fair State is one of the very few cooperatively-owned breweries in the US. We began operations at our brewery/taproom in August of 2014. We were fortunate enough to be named one of RateBeer’s 10 best new brewers in the world for 2015 and recently expanded into a 40,000 sq. ft. production brewery in St. Paul, MN. We focus on traditional German-style beers (especially lager beer), sour beer (ranging from kettle sours to 100% barrel-fermented mixed culture beers), and hoppy beers. We are positioned to grow substantially over the next few years, and as such, this position may continue to grow and evolve with the brewery.
Currently, we operate a 7.5bbl brewhouse at the taproom location, and a 4-vessel 30 barrel brewhouse at the St. Paul location, where we also package our beer in cans and bottles.
A little about you: we’re looking for a dedicated, hardworking, and knowledgeable person to help us stay on track. The ideal candidate would have some experience in the industry and/or manufacturing operations and be willing to learn and evolve with the team.
At present, our brewery staff is very small, and as such, you’ll be tasked with doing pretty much everything, including but not limited to:
- CIP/Sanitation of FVs, BTs, and the brewhouse
- Cellar work including transfers, dry-hopping, centrifuging and carbonating beer
- Cleaning kegs and kegging finished beer
- Packaging beer (bottles and cans)
- Conducting raw and finished materials inventory
- Receiving and warehousing raw materials
- Picking, packing, and staging deliveries
- Dealing with barrels (wine and spirit): filling, transferring, blending, cleaning, and maintenance
- Interfacing with brewery management software, and extensive record-keeping
- Contributing to a safe working environment by following safety procedures
- Representing Fair State at events, as necessary
- All the squeegee and mop work that you can handle
Requirements / Qualifications
- Industry experience working in an established production brewery or brewpub
- Functional experience in materials handling and manufacturing operations, especially in food and beverage
- Willingness to work hard, often at odd hours
- Ridiculous dedication to the aforementioned mop and squeegee work
- Comfortable with limited supervision and able to make (informed) decisions independently
- Problem-solving and mechanical skills
- Ability to lift heavy objects (55 lbs.) repeatedly and safely
- Ability to occasionally move heavy objects (160 lbs.)
- Ability to safely work on ladders and elevated platforms
- Ability to safely operate vehicles and material handling equipment (e.g., vans, trucks, hand trucks, scissor lifts)
- Experience with enterprise resource planning systems (esp. Orchestrated Beer) a plus
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time hourly position. Compensation is dependent on experience and qualifications. We offer health insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off to full-time employees.
Applications are due by June 30, interviews will be conducted in July, and we’re looking for someone to start on July 31 of this year. Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and please be sure to state the position you are applying for (Cellarperson) as we are hiring for several roles.
No phone calls, please.
Fair State Brewing Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. Employment offers are made on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation.