Part-Time & On-Call Taproom Bartender
Fair State Brewing Cooperative is seeking a Part-Time Taproom Bartender for Friday and Saturday shifts, and an On-Call Bartender to join our staff in Northeast Minneapolis.
Fair State is one of a limited number of cooperatively-owned breweries in the US. We began operations at our Northeast Minneapolis brewery and taproom in August 2014, and added a production brewery in St. Paul, MN in 2017.
These positions report to the Director of Retail Operations. Part-Time Bartender and On-Call Bartender at Fair State are union positions. Membership in the labor union is required. Monthly dues are the responsibility of the employee.
Part-Time & On-Call Taproom Bartender Responsibilities
- Greeting guests upon arrival, checking ID’s, and providing great customer service to all Fair State members and guests
- Pouring and serving beverages with strong attention to detail and presentation
- Heating and serving frozen pizza and pre-packaged food items
- Opening and closing guest tabs and handling financial transactions
- Gathering, cleaning, and stocking glassware
- Rotating and stocking off-sale products, taproom supplies, and merch
- Performing all opening, closing, and on-shift duties according to daily checklists and as assigned by Lead Bartenders
- Encourage and initiate new co-op memberships
Desired Experience & Capabilities
- Experience working in the service industry is preferred, but not required
- Proficiency with POS systems and navigating basic Microsoft platforms
- Strong craft beer knowledge, including general beer styles, glassware presentation, and beer quality
- Strong desire and ability to connect with people and provide memorable experiences
- At least 21 years of age at time of application
- Able to stand for prolonged periods
- Able to engage positively with diverse guests and co-workers
- Able to stoop, crawl, twist, turn, lift, kneel, and climb ladders & stairs
- Able to regularly, repeatedly, and safely lift or carry 55lb objects above waist level
- Able to learn and utilize safe alcohol service and de-escalation training
Compensation & Benefits
- This is a part-time, hourly position compensated at $12.50 per hour plus tips
- 8 paid holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day)
- Paid Time Off, which can be used for any purpose and is accrued at a rate of 0.0769 hours of PTO per hour worked (4 weeks per year)
- Discounted membership in our cooperative (after 6 months)
- Credit for Fair State clothing merchandise at hire
- Annual safety clothing & equipment stipend
- Employee beer stipend
- Fair State merchandise and beer discounts
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Applications will be accepted until Friday July 1, 2022, and interviews will be conducted shortly after for candidates who may be a good fit. We’re looking for someone to start by July 15, 2022.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact [email protected] to discuss your application.