Fair State Brewing Co-op is looking to add a marketing manager to our ever-growing team.
This new role will develop, manage, and execute marketing programs for Fair State. This is a cross-functional role working with sales, retail, and product development. This position will work closely with director of sales, director of retail operations, community manager, and graphic designer on brand planning, retail marketing, and consumer/member marketing. You will also manage and execute all consumer-facing communications, including social media.
This is a role that will have a high degree of flexibility, creativity, and autonomy. We are looking for someone with prior marketing experience who is excited to build and implement a marketing strategy for Fair State that grows the brand, engages new audiences, responds to trends, and reflects Fair State’s unique position in the craft beer industry.
We are a small but rapidly growing company. Plans can (and do) change quickly, and there is significant room for freedom to explore and execute new ideas. You should be comfortable with being self-directed and working collaboratively.
Prior professional marketing experience is required, but prior experience within the beer industry is not. While this position is based in the Twin Cities, we have a flexible work environment with the option to work from home or from the office. This role reports to the director of sales.
The ideal candidate will:
- Create and implement ongoing marketing strategies for both paid and organic content that reflects both distribution and taproom-specific marketing priorities.
- Work collaboratively with department heads to create department-specific content.
- Work with the sales team to create content that clearly articulates sales and marketing strategies to help motivate distributor partners, retailers, and consumers.
- Work with Fair State’s graphic designer to create graphic content for social media and execute effective merchandise strategies.
- Monitor social media and industry trends to ensure that Fair State’s marketing strategy reflects the current marketing landscape.
- Develop engaging content campaigns (social, PR, trade, etc.) to drive brand awareness and support sales initiatives.
- Build Fair State’s PR/media relations and influencer outreach programs.
- Manage and execute marketing budget.
Experience and capabilities:
- 3+ years of prior marketing experience, at least some of which included running social media for a brand or organization.
- A passion for sharing your knowledge and opinions, especially in group settings.
- Experience setting up and analyzing paid social ads, including creating ad testing strategy.
- Experience analyzing social media metrics and testing new strategies for driving engagement.
- Experience working with the press, including writing press releases.
- Experience shooting and editing photos and videos, specifically within a social media context helpful but not required.
- Experience working in a small business or startup environment helpful but not required.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position. Compensation will be $55,000–$60,000 DOE. As a full-time employee, this role will also be eligible for:
- 7 paid holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day)
- Paid Time Off, which can be used for any purpose and is accrued at a rate of 0.0769 hours of PTO per hour worked (4 weeks per year)
- Paid parental leave (160 hours of paid parental leave in the 12 months following, or the 9 months prior to, the birth, adoption, or foster placement of a child in their home)
- Health insurance for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and dependents, with a portion of premiums paid by Fair State
- Dental and vision insurance, with 50% of employee and dependent premiums paid by Fair State
- Short- and Long-Term Disability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, and life insurance coverage, with 100% of premiums paid by Fair State
- Flexible savings account for medical and dependent care
- Simple IRA with employer-matching up to 3% after one year of employment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted membership in our cooperative after 6 months of employment
- Quarterly merchandise credit
- Employee beer program
To apply, please send your resume, a brief introductory statement in the body of an email along with your favorite Instagram feed to [email protected] with the subject line Marketing Manager. Applications will be accepted through June 25, and in-person interviews will be conducted at our taproom in Northeast Minneapolis the week of July 12, 2021. The start date for this role is flexible, but ideally August, 2021.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact [email protected] to discuss your application.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Fair State Brewing Cooperative strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.