Fair State Brewing Cooperative is seeking multiple part-time Street Team Members to join our tasting staff. We are growing quickly and need to add staff to help meet demand.
A little about us: Fair State is one of a very few cooperatively-owned breweries in the US. We began operations at our brewery/taproom in Northeast Minneapolis in August of 2014. We were fortunate enough to be named one of RateBeer’s 10 best new brewers in the world for 2015, and recently expanded into a 40,000 sq. ft. production brewery in St. Paul, MN. We focus on traditional German-style beers (especially lager beer), sour beer (ranging from kettle sours to 100% barrel-fermented mixed culture beers), and hoppy beers. We are positioned to grow substantially over the next few years, and as such this position may continue to grow and evolve with the brewery.
Currently we operate a 7.5bbl brewhouse at the taproom location, and a 4-vessel 30bbl brewhouse at the St. Paul location, where we also package our beer in cans and bottles.
A little about you: we’re looking for a dedicated, hardworking, and someone wanting to gain more knowledge of our brewery and beer then share with customers through out the Twin Cities. The ideal candidate would have some experience in the industry (but not required), be willing to learn, and feel comfortable talking with customers.
This position will report to the Off-Premise Sales Manager.
Desired skills and experience
- Willingness to work hard, often at odd hours
- Dedication to learning, improving, and contributing to a dynamic and growing team
- Commitment to following company policies and procedures
- Comfortable with limited supervision and able to make (informed) decisions independently
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with beer or food & beverage is a plus
Requirements / Qualifications
- Basic familiarity with beer styles
- Able to stand for 2-4 hours at a time
- Willingness to work evenings and weekend
- Able to lift cases of beer (20 lbs) repeatedly and safely
- Access to reliable transportation
- Attend (paid) trainings as required
- Use scheduling software to regularly claim tasting shifts
- Communicate availability to Off-Premise Sales Manager
- Follow tasting processes and standards, including: representing Fair State Brewing Cooperative well to liquor store staff and customers, setting up and breaking down tasting area, checking ID’s, serving samples legally and responsibly, following prescribed tasting order, and educating and engaging consumers
This is a part-time hourly position. Compensation is $10 / hr. As an irregular part-time employee, this role will also be eligible for:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Beer stipend for each shift worked
- Sick and Safe Time Off and Workers Compensation, as required by law
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Street Team Representative.” Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.