Fair State Brewing Cooperative is seeking a full-time Sales Representative to join our sales staff in St. Paul, MN.
A little about us: Fair State is one of a very few cooperatively-owned breweries in the US. We began operations at our brewery/taproom in Northeast Minneapolis in August of 2014. We were fortunate enough to be named one of RateBeer’s 10 best new brewers in the world for 2015, and recently expanded into a 40,000 sq. ft. production brewery in St. Paul, MN. We focus on traditional German-style beers (especially lager beer), sour beer (ranging from kettle sours to 100% barrel-fermented mixed culture beers), and hoppy beers.
Currently we operate a 7.5bbl brewhouse at the taproom location, and a 4-vessel 30bbl brewhouse at the St. Paul location, where we also package our beer in cans and bottles. We have been transforming our sales and marketing organization over the last six months and are excited to add another sales representative to our dynamic, driven, and fun team.
A little about you: we’re looking for a dedicated, hardworking, and knowledgeable person to help us educate beer buyers at on- and off-premise accounts about our beer and to work with them to create programming that will help them sell more Fair State Co-op beer. We have extensive relationships and product knowledge to educate candidates who have prior sales experience but are new to the industry.
This position will report to the Sales and Marketing Director.
- Drive sales by introducing Fair State products to potential new accounts
- Continually educate and discuss products with assigned current accounts, including restaurants, bars, and off-premise accounts
- Plan and execute programming to increase rate of sale at individual accounts
- Plan and manage work to achieve activity goals by market as defined by Director of Sales
- Manage distributor and account relationships in Brainerd and Bemidji markets. Visit each market at least once every other month and communicate with distributor lead in each market at least every other week
- Occasionally (about once per quarter) visit out of state markets for several days of distributor work-with’s and events
- Work collaboratively with distributor sales representatives
- Develop and implement sales and marketing plans with retailers, including delivering educational programs for wait staff and bartenders
- Use expense account responsibly as a marketing tool as directed by Director of Sales
- Provide support for and attend sales and marketing events
Desired skills and experience
- Willingness to work hard, often at odd hours
- Dedication to learning, improving, and contributing to a dynamic and growing team, including participating in ideation, planning, and evaluation; willingness to adapt to new structures, goals, and practices; and a strong commitment to following company policies and procedures
- Comfortable with limited supervision and able to make (informed) decisions independently
- Strong communication, collaboration, planning, self-management, and teamwork skills
- Must have prior sales experience, preferably B2B, including familiarity with CRM systems and sales analytics
- Able to plan and manage own workflow while handling requests from colleagues, buyers, and distributor representatives
- Able to communicate effectively in English by speech and writing with account employees, distributor representatives, Fair State employees, and the public about Fair State products and goals
- Able to read and interpret numerical and graphical reports
- Able to write, read, and interpret work plans and status updates
- Able to use Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Gmail, Google Calendar and to learn how to use a sales database
- Able to sit (including drive) or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Able to occasionally lift/carry heavy objects (55 lbs.) safely
- Must have reliable personal transportation and be able to safely operate vehicles
- Able to operate in a high-stress, fast-paced environment with numerous distractions
- Able to field a high volume of communications via email, messaging, telephone, and in-person meetings
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to pass insurance driving record review for operating Company-owned vehicles on public roads
- Able to perform up to 30% overnight travel, generally twice per month within Minnesota and once per quarter out of state
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried position. Compensation will be $37,500. As a full-time employee, this role will also be eligible for:
- Paid holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day)
- Paid Time Off, to be used for any purpose and accrued at a rate equal to 4 weeks off each year
- Life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and short- and long-term disability insurance, paid 100% by Fair State
- The option to participate in a flexible spending account for qualified healthcare or dependent childcare expenses
- The option for you, your spouse or domestic partner, and your dependents to participate in medical, dental, and vision plans, with a portion of the premiums paid by Fair State, varying based on the specific plan you select
- Discounted membership in our cooperative after 6 months of employment
- Employee beer stipend
- Credit for Fair State clothing merchandise at hire
- Fair State merchandise and beer discounts
- Purchasing discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Workers Compensation, as required by law
Applications will be accepted until May 23, 2018. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, and we’re looking for someone to start in June of this year. To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org the subject “Sales Representative.”
Fair State Brewing Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. Employment offers are made on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation.