Fair State Brewing Cooperative is seeking multiple part-time Street Team Members to join our sales staff. We are growing quickly and need to add staff to help meet demand in the following geographies:
St Cloud, MN
Minneapolis – Saint Paul, MN
Fair State is one of a very few cooperatively-owned breweries in the US. We began operations at our brewery/taproom in Northeast Minneapolis in August of 2014. We were fortunate enough to be named one of RateBeer’s 10 best new brewers in the world for 2015, and recently expanded into a 40,000 sq. ft. production brewery in St. Paul, MN. We focus on traditional German-style beers (especially lager beer), sour beer (ranging from kettle sours to 100% barrel-fermented mixed culture beers), and hoppy beers. We are positioned to grow substantially over the next few years, and as such this position may continue to grow and evolve with the brewery.
Currently we operate a 7.5bbl brewhouse at the taproom location, and a 4-vessel 30bbl brewhouse at the St. Paul location, where we also package our beer in cans and bottles.
We’re looking for a dedicated, hardworking, and someone wanting to gain more knowledge of our brewery and beer then share with customers throughout the Twin Cities. The ideal candidate would have some experience in the industry (but not required), be willing to learn, and feel comfortable talking with customers.
This position will report to the Off-Premise Sales Manager.
- Attend (paid) trainings as required
- Use scheduling software to regularly claim tasting shifts
- Communicate availability to Off-Premise Sales Manager
- Follow tasting processes and standards, including: representing Fair State Brewing Cooperative well to liquor store staff and customers, setting up and breaking down tasting area, checking ID’s, serving samples legally and responsibly, following prescribed tasting order, and educating and engaging consumers
Desired Skills and Experience
- Enthusiasm for talking about Fair State’s beer and cooperative business model
- Ability to engage with diverse audiences
- Commitment to following company policies and procedures
- Comfort with limited supervision and ability to make (informed) decisions independently
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with beer or food & beverage
- Basic familiarity with beer styles
- Able to stand for 2-4 hours at a time
- Able to work evenings and weekends
- Able to lift cases of beer (20 lbs.) repeatedly and safely
- Able to reliably travel to accounts and event locations on time
- Able to read, follow, and give oral and written English instructions
- At least 21 years of age as of time of application
This is a part-time, hourly position. Compensation is $10.22 / hr. As an irregular part-time employee, this role is also eligible for:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Beer stipend for each shift worked
- Sick and Safe Time Off and Workers Compensation, as required by law
Please follow these instructions carefully; we may not review submissions that do not follow these instructions.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line “Street Team – [City]”, where “[City]” is which city you wish to regularly work in. We are hiring for positions in Bemidji, Brainerd, Duluth, Mankato, St Cloud, Minneapolis – Saint Paul, and Rochester. In your email, answer the following questions:
- What is your favorite beer and why?
- What experience and perspective will you bring to our team?
- Why do you want to work for Fair State?
Submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis. Interviews will be conducted and offers extended on a rolling basis.