Brand Communications Coordinator
Fair State Brewing Cooperative is seeking a part-time (20 hours / week) Brand Communications Coordinator to join our Brand Experience staff in St. Paul, MN.
A little about us: Fair State is one of a very few cooperatively-owned breweries in the US. We began operations at our brewery/taproom in Northeast Minneapolis in August of 2014. We were fortunate enough to be named one of RateBeer’s 10 best new brewers in the world for 2015, and recently expanded into a 40,000 sq. ft. production brewery in St. Paul, MN. We focus on traditional German-style beers (especially lager beer), sour beer (ranging from kettle sours to 100% barrel-fermented mixed culture beers), and hoppy beers. We are positioned to grow substantially over the next few years, and as such this position may continue to grow and evolve with the brewery.
Currently we operate a 7.5bbl brewhouse at the taproom location, and a 4-vessel 30bbl brewhouse at the St. Paul location, where we also package our beer in cans and bottles.
A little about you: we’re looking for a dedicated, hardworking, and knowledgeable person to help us manage our owned media channels.
This position will report to the Sales and Marketing Director and the Brand Experience Manager.
Social Media and Other Owned Channels
- Manage Social Media Calendar and Content. Review, prioritize, and plan communications in response to requests for marketing support from account sales, taproom programming, events, and membership. Create and post content to execute these plans.
- Engage customers through social media. Respond to social media queries and customers engaging with the brand on social media.
- Advise on social and digital marketing as requested.
Content Production & Marketing Support
- Create photography content for social media channels
Desired skills and experience
- Willingness to work hard, often at odd hours
- Dedication to learning, improving, and contributing to a dynamic and growing team
- Commitment to following company policies and procedures
- Comfortable with limited supervision and able to make (informed) decisions independently
- Strong communication, collaboration, planning, self-management, and teamwork skills
- Experience with marketing or social media; food and beverage experience is a plus
- Experience with email campaigns, social media campaigns, and planning social posts
- Related college degree
- Able to write in the voice of the brand and respond with humor, helpfulness, and positivity to consumer inquiries and feedback on a variety of media platforms
- Able to plan and manage own workflow while handling requests from colleagues
- Able to read and follow written English instructions
- Able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Able to use Microsoft Office, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, Gmail and Google Calendar
- Able to travel between Minneapolis and Saint Paul for meetings and events
This is a part-time hourly position. As a part-time employee, this role will also be eligible for:
- Paid holidays
- Discounted membership in our cooperative (after 6 months)
- Credit for Fair State clothing merchandise at hire
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee beer stipend
- Fair State merchandise and beer discounts
- Sick and Safe Time Off and Workers Compensation, as required by law
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line “Brand Communications Coordinator.” Applications will be accepted until 3/21/18, interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, and we’re looking for someone to start in March of this year.